Cardiovascular, Peripheral, Neurovascular, Laparoscopic, Orthopedic Applications
Vesta’s precision medical extrusion solutions and medical device design assistance optimize the clinical outcome of PEEK™ tubing for the medical device industry.
- Metal tube replacement
- High column strength and heat resistance
- Good pushability and torque properties
- Low elongation / high tensile strength
- Amorphous or crystalline alternatives
- Very low moisture absorption
- Good wear and abrasion resistance
- Short-term body contact and long-term implant grades available
PEEK (Polyether Ether-Ketone) is a high-performance engineering thermoplastic with unique strength and heat resistant properties. PEEK is one of the few polymers that can be considered for use as a metal replacement for high-temperature applications. It is acceptable for use in chemical, air and water lines. It is non-metallic and does not contain ferromagnetic materials that can interfere with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). PEEK combines strength, purity, chemical resistance and ease of processing with superb sterilization resistance. For these reasons, PEEK extrusion is in high demand in today’s medical field.
Integrating Materials, Tooling, Process and Quality Control
Vesta uses dedicated equipment with the latest technology and expertise to produce precision high-temperature tubing.
Our PEEK tubing is extruded to precision tolerances:
- OD sizes from 0.010"–0.175" (0.254 mm–4.45 mm)
- Tolerances as low as +/-0.0005" (0.0127 mm)
- Single-lumen, multilumen and beading (solid rod)
- Bump or tapered tube